Monday, December 1, 2008

It's A Boy!

We just found out today that we're having a boy! I'm so excited. The girls were so cute during the ultrasound. Nayeli asked a million questions. "What's that jelly for? What's that on your tummy?" Then she kept making me laugh by saying, "belly jelly, that rhymes, belly jelly, belly jelly..." I had to tell her to stop because my tummy was shaking when the ultrasound tech was trying to get the pictures. My OBGYN practice does 3D ultrasounds as part of the appointment, so we got to see some really clear pictures of his face. The ultrasound tech said you can tell he's a boy. She was right, his face did look like a boy! It was so cute.

Now comes the challenging part picking a name. Nayeli was easy. That was the first name we discussed, and we both loved it. Karyna's name was a little more challenging, but we decided on it by the middle of my pregnancy. Naming our boy is going to be so much harder. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

18 comments:

barb said...

i like karyna's middle name - emerson - that is a good name. how about kirk or kenneth? i LOVE donovan - or maybe aiden, lucas, sawyer, trevor or how about calum Calum

The name Calum is a baby boy name. The name Calum comes from the Celtic origin. In Celtic The meaning of the name Calum is: Dove.

Deanne said...

Congrats! Boys are lots of fun!

Welch Mom said...

Here is my advice on boys...be ready to move because that is all they do and they never stop! Oh and they get into everything not because they are bad, but because they are curious. And best of all...they love their mommas!

Brittany Owens said...

I am so happy that you are having a boy. How fun! I think that is cool that you got to have a 3D ultrasound. I have always wanted one of those. I like the name Shrek, Prince, Butch, ya know. I like Levi, Gryphon, and Graedon. They are a little different. Talk to ya at Enrichment.

Megan said...

That is exciting! I think it is fun to know and try to plan. I have no ideas on boys names though, they seem to be so much harder than girl names. I just read two baby name books and all it did was give me anxiety about the importance of picking the "perfect" name. Good luck!

The Hargrove's Four said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I don't know if you knew but we are having a boy, too!! :) We have decided on naming our little guy Matthew... I let Todd decide. I liked Graham, Caleb, and Peter. Obviously, we aren't using any of those names so those are my suggestions! :)

The Stump Clan said...

Well, I guess because we couldn't use it for Kalli because she is a girl, we can let you use Austin's other name he chose, Optimus Prime. I know, you can't believe I am letting you have it, but I am in a giving mood this holiday season.

I like Everett as well.

barb said...

ooh - I like Everett too. That's a good name. Donovan is still a great one though.

Aunt Alice said...

I'm definitely voting for Lucas.... but only if we call him Luke. I love the sound of the name - it's a good solid name. And the Gospel of Luke was inspiring...
Reading Luke's gospel gives a good idea of his character as one who loved the poor, who wanted the door to God's kingdom opened to all, who respected women, and who saw hope in God's mercy for everyone.
A good solid foundation on which to build!!
Have a pleaded a good case????

barb said...

A great case - I always loved Luke - would have named Molly that if she had been a boy

Nick said...

Definitely no Donovan. Sorry, mom! I've lived through too many of Donovan McNabb's Campbell's Soup commercials to ever consider that name for my child! ;)

jenn said...

congrats on the little boy! that will open up a whole new world in your house! and i don't have any suggestions--especially since your girls' names are SO cute and creative. what pressure!

jenn said...

wait...didn't you name Nayeli after someone from your mission? any boy names you liked there? well, you could do Juan, Marcos, Orlando, Roberto, Guillermo. OK, I can't think of any nice-sounding hispanic male names. The female ones are much better. good luck!

katie said...

I don't know why no none stated the obvious, Halsey. Just kidding, I like Everett too.

Rebecca said...

How fun for y'all to have a baby boy/baby brother! It's so interesting to talk about names-- Preston wasn't named till AFTER he was born but with Carson I decided on his name about 3 weeks prior.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats Allison! I loved the name Cohen but Trent won't have it. He'd go with the name Gunner, which I won't have, so there's a couple names for you that we won't be using!!!

BUD's World (Halsey's) said...

Now that the amatuers have mumbled (why was katie kidding and does your mom forget who also made decisions--Molly wouldn't have been a Luke!), I wil give you 3, other than the obvious!---Hobbs--Gus--and/or Lewis (how about Lewis Lucas)
Is it great that I'm on the web or What?
Halsey Bud Lewis Miller Junior
Nick-even Jessica and Tex can't have a 3rd!!!!

Welch Mom said...

Allison,
I am so sorry we missed you when you came here! We were so busy on Sunday and then I went out of town. I was really sad. You looked great and loved both Nick and your testimonies!
Come back soon...