
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My Mom visited us for Thanksgiving, so we had a great time! My only complaint is I wish she could have stayed longer! She arrived just in time Wednesday to see Nayeli's ballet class. Of course Nayeli loved having her there! I told my Mom during the class to be prepared because Nayeli would ask her what was her favorite part. After class was over Nayeli did ask her, and my Mom said it was watching her dance during the music from the Nutcracker.
On Thanksgiving we spent the morning playing with the girls, and started making our feast early in the afternoon. My Mom helped out so much with the cooking, which was great because I've been sick all week, so I didn't have my normal energy. Being pregnant zapped some of my energy too.

We got up very early Friday morning to take part in Black Friday. We arrived at the first store at 4:45am and were done shopping around 7:30am. It took us a little longer than normal to get home because the Mapquest directions were bogus, so I ended up taking a very long route home. My Mom and I were both so tired after shopping that we didn't do much Friday until the evening. Some friends of ours invited us to see the pretty Christmas lights at the zoo. It was fun to see all the spectacular lights, and I really enjoyed the exercise.
My Mom left Saturday morning. We were sad to see her go. After she left the girls kept asking for her. I had to explain she went home, and we'd see her again soon around Christmas.
That night our friends invited us over for dinner. It was nice to spend time with them, and of course not having to cook dinner was a bonus too!
I look forward to spending more time with family and friends over Christmas.
3 comments:
Wow, 4:45, that is die hard!! That is when I got up, but was at Menard's across town at 5:35. Did you get some good deals? Glad Thanksgiving was fun, can't wait to see you guys!
we went out early too - we all want our bargains don't we? glad thanksgiving was good - we missed you that day.
I still think you were crazy to get up that early. Goshers. I am glad that you had fun with your mom. I am jealous you have a lot of shopping done. I am super excited for Enrichment.
Post a Comment