Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm Pregnant

I know a lot of people already know by now, but I wanted to make an official announcement on my blog. I'm 15 weeks pregnant! I'm due in April. Yeah, spring babies are the best! I have to laugh because a few of my responses have been "already." I had to remind them that it's not that soon. Karyna and the baby will be three years apart. I guess time just flies so fast sometimes.

The first trimester was pretty rough. I had a few weeks where I was so nauseous and nothing helped to stop it. I kept eating food like crazy to try and get rid of the feeling. That's what I did with the first two pregnancy's and it worked great. As long as I had a full stomach I felt fine. With this one nothing helped. I could barely function and had to lay in bed a lot.

Luckily I'm doing much better. My energy is back and most of my nausea is gone. I don't have to take naps anymore, which is good because my kids were watching way too much TV! We'll find out in less than a month if we're having a boy or a girl. I can't wait!

10 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats, that is exciting news! Sorry about being sick though, that is no fun, especially when having to deal with kids at home. Hope things continue to go better.

Deanne said...

Congrats!

Sarah said...

That is great news! I'm sorry to hear that the first trimester was so rough. But thank goodness its over, right? Noel was born in April and it was a great time to have him, I must say.

barb said...

We are all so excited for you and your family

Jessie said...

That's great! Congratulations.

Rebecca said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you and your family! Have you told the girls? I was so sick in that first tri with all 3 of mine---couldn't eat, lost weight, didn't want to move off of the couch...etc! I sympathize and am glad to hear you're getting over the worst of that part. You're such a good mom--you're going to do great!

willmottfamily said...

Congrats! Maybe this pregnancy is different because it is a boy?? ALthough, you are talking to the girl who has had three boys, and each pregnancy was different. I hope the nausea doesn't come back. Take care.

amberd. said...

congrats Alison! I'm thinking you need another girl! lol!

The Stump Clan said...

no way- Austin really wants a boy, so it had better be!!!

Welch Mom said...

Congrats to you! Hope you feel better.