Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Now that my overtired, but happy princesses are asleep, I thought I would sit down and write about our Halloween experience. It was a lot of fun. We started celebrating Halloween a couple weeks ago by making candy Halloween necklaces. Of course Nayeli and Karyna ended up eating most of the finished project. Then we spent the next couple of weeks reading Halloween stories from the Library. Their favorite was Shake Them Bones.

The day before Halloween Nayeli had a Halloween party at her preschool. I dressed her up in Halloween attire. Nayeli wasn't too thrilled with the idea, and thought she looked dumb. Of course I had to laugh. She's not supposed to be too old for that yet! Yesterday we carved Nayeli's big pumpkin she picked at the pumpkin patch with her friend Lilly. I cleaned out the guts and Nick carved the face. I think next year I'll switch, the pumpkin guts were grosser than I remembered!

On Halloween Nayeli helped me make cookies for the Trunk-or-Treat at church. It's a safe way for the kids to trick-or-treat, and there aren't any scary costumes. I'm grateful for that because some of the costumes the kids wear now really freak the girls out! Nayeli dressed up as Sleeping Beauty and Karyna was Snow White. At the last minute Karyna wanted to be a ballerina, but I didn't have enough time to pull that together. There's always next year.

After the trick-or-treating there was a church potluck dinner. It was fantastic. I was so glad I didn't have to cook. The girls had a lot of fun running around and playing with their friends. Karyna was so tired that she fell asleep in the car on the way home and didn't wake up for the transfer to her bed. She was so exhausted, so I didn't want to wake her up. I put her asleep in her Snow White costume. She was the cutest sleeping princess I've ever seen!

2 comments:

Brittany Owens said...

Fun times! Now only a couple more weeks until Thanksgiving. Then a couple more weeks until Christmas. Crazy! That video is so funny. Little kids are so cute when they dance.

barb said...

The girls look great in their costumes. Was it warm out for them - no coats? it was warm here. Hope they had a great time - looks like they did.