Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nayeli's First Day of Ballet

Last week Nayeli started her first day of ballet class! I have been looking forward to it for weeks. We spent the day before running around town trying to find her the right pink leotard, tights and shoes. Her dance class has a dress code, so it didn't make finding her outfit very easy, although if I wouldn't have procrastinated, I'm sure my experience would have been less stressful!

I was a little nervous about how Nayeli would like ballet lessons. I had flashbacks to my own experience with ballet, which weren't very pleasant. I remember thinking it was so boring. I was so tired of holding on to the bar and practicing all the ballet positions. I remember being disappointed because I was so excited to start taking lessons.

I am happy to say that Nayeli had a completely different experience! The teacher was great and I'm really happy with the dance program. The teacher made the class so much more fun than mine ever was. They only spent a little time on the bar. The rest of the time was spent dancing in tutus, princess crowns, holding wands and butterfly wings. They even practiced leaping over colorful stars and spinning on circles placed on the floor. I look forward to watching what the teacher has planned for the rest of the year.

8 comments:

Brittany Owens said...

That sounds so fun! I wish I could dance around in a tutu, and spin on circles. I guess thats what stinks about being grown up. She looks super cute in her outfit.

The Stump Clan said...

Yay- how fun! I know she was so excited to start ballet. I am so glad she likes it, cause I remember dance classes and I didn't love them either!

katie said...

Teachers must be more fun these days, because I wasn't a fan either! I can't believe she is old enough for ballet! Slow her down, will ya?

willmottfamily said...

That's sounds a lot bettert than my first ballet experience, too. It's good to see that they've made progress. I can't believe we haven't seen you uys since Nayeli's blessing. She is so big now!

sarah said...

How fun! Where is she taking lessons?

barb said...

i am glad nayeli loved the class - it does sound like fun - and i hope the recital is at a time when we can come down for it. i AM sorry that molly and katie didn't like their dance classes. sigh - but look at all the coordination they ended up with.

Welch Mom said...

Oh so cute, makes me want a girl!

amberd. said...

Your little ones look soo much like you it isnt' even funny! haha! I'm so glad she loves dance class so much. Recital time is my very fav. It's fun to see all their progress at the end of the year in one little fun dance! Let us know how it goes!