Sunday, January 6, 2008

Guitar Girl

Nayeli entertained us yesterday by putting on a concert in our living room. It was the cutest thing! She told Karyna and I to sit on the couch and listen to her play the guitar. She got her toy electric guitar for Christmas from her grandparents. She also sang and danced as she rocked out on the guitar.

As Nayeli pretended to play the guitar she made up her own lyrics to go with the music. She sang about anything from Alice in Wonderland to Gilmore Girls. She's never seen an episode but has heard Nick and I talk about it, and often finds a Gilmore Girls DVD left in the DVD player. She also asked me to repeat the lyrics back to her after she sang them. It's so cute when she tries to be the teacher and wants me to be the student.

Nayeli is a true rock star. She even picked up the phrase "rock out" from me as I told her she was rocking out. "Rock out" is a phrase I think of when ever I see someone playing the electric guitar-thanks to a night of Guitar Hero at one of our friend's house over holiday break. Although I never made it through an entire song without loosing, yes, even on the easiest level, I still enjoyed trying!

I wish I got out our movie camera to record Nayeli's performance. The footage would have been priceless.

1 comment:

barb said...

leave the movie camera out somewhere so you can easily catch these moments for all of us to see! :)