Has anyone else ever had a day like this?
A couple days ago when I went to greet the girls in the morning Nayeli told me she wet her bed. I took off her pee soaked clothing and rushed her to the bathroom to immediately rinse her off in the tub. Then I put the pee smelling sheets along with the pee soaked clothes in to a plastic bag to wash.
At lunch Nayeli accidentally knocked her milk over. It spilled all over the table and hardwood floor. After I wiped the milk off the table I got on my hands and knees to clean the sticky milk off the floor.
During dinner when I was in the kitchen Nayeli decided to push Karyna in her chair around the dining room. When she was done Nayeli pushed Karyna to the side of the table where she could reach Nayeli's milk. Karyna then managed to dump it all over herself, the chair and floor. I tried to absorb the milk from Karyna's clothing the best I could and wiped it off the chair. Then once again I got on my hands and knees to wipe milk off the floor.
Believe it or not after the spill there was some milk left in the cup. I went to the kitchen to get a rag to clean it up. When I came back the rest of Nayeli's cup of milk was spilled all over the chair and floor. I do not know exactly how she spilled it that time, but I do not think it was an accident. When I asked Nayeli what happened all she did was state the obvious, "I spilled my milk.". I think she decided to dump it all over her chair and floor because that is what Karyna did. So, for the third time in one day I cleaned milk off the floor.
In addition to milk being spilled at dinner, there was also fruit all over the floor. During one of the many trips I took to the kitchen to get more paper towels Karyna decided to throw all her pineapple on the floor. Note the word throw. That kid has quite an arm. There was no way Karyna could have leisurely dropped her fruit on the floor. It was too far from the chair. She definitely threw it.
After dinner I gave my two milk soaked girls a bath. After a few minutes of playing with the bath toys Karyna decided to poop in the tub. I quickly rushed everyone out of the tub so I could scoop up the floating poop with a cup and dump it in the toilet.
Motherhood can be so gross sometimes!
I think I went to bed right after eight that night.
6 comments:
sorry - but i chuckled - of course sympathetically.
I can relate somewhat. I have to clean the floor, high chair, table after every meal. Sometimes Claire gets a bath after every meal because she is learning to feed herself. I wish she would eat what I give her instead of spitting it out on herself or the floor. The tub incident is kind of funny. I'm sure I'm in for that sometime soon.
I'm still chuckling.... I think every mom that has been through the toddler years has had a few of those days - and it's always WAY funnier when you hear about another mom having a day like that.
I truly do empathize and I'm glad that day is over for you - but there will be others..... tsk tsk!
Hahaha, that is hilarious! I can totally see them doing that! Makes me miss them even more!
I sometimes look at Cole's chair and under the table and am surprised at how much food can stick to everything and get everywhere. Kids definitely have a talent for getting food in every little inch of space. I have decided to not clean the chair, but to reupholster it after he gets bigger and no longer spills. Is that even possible, I do not know but I am holding out for it someday!
Are you kidding me? I don't think you even made it to eight that night! They hit the sack and you crashed in bed...
I think I purposefully stayed in the shower while all this happened...
Post a Comment