Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saying Goodbyes

I've really enjoyed the last couple of days I've spent seeing family and friends before we move. Friday, I had a girls night. I had a lot of fun spending time with my girl friends. Having good bonding conversations about life. Sharing stories about kids, feelings about motherhood, or just womanhood in general. It's fun to find out other people have the same thoughts as you. I had a couple conversations this weekend about how it's hard to find cute modest summer dresses. There are plenty of cute spaghetti strap dresses out there, but finding ones with sleeves is nearly impossible. I'm really going to miss the friends I have made here and our conversations that keep me sane.

Saturday night I hung out with Victoria, a girlfriend of mine who wasn't able to make it to girls night. My husband owed me another night out after his extended guys night. Toria and I had such a good time talking and eating ice cream. The subject of dresses came up again. Later we had fun perusing the video store and commenting on all the bad movies they have out, and finally picking Rumor Has It, a movie we thought our husbands would never watch. I will definitely miss the Halls. They are such great people and so fun to hangout with!

Sunday we spent the afternoon hanging out with our family and friends at Nick's Aunt and Uncle's pool. Again we had a wonderful time. I am going to miss hanging out at their pool so much! It's a great place to gather to spend time with family and friends. I feel like I'm really experiencing the summer when I'm soaking in the sun, splashing in the water and grilling out.

3 comments:

Welch Mom said...

We will definitely miss you too! Check out my blog I actually posted something.. you guys made me break my not posting streak!

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the move! Keep blogging, as I enjoy checking on your cute family. You guys will be missed!

Sarah said...

Let us know how the move goes. Good luck! You guys will be closer to us now.