I never felt guilty about killing a mosquito until today. I absolutely loathe mosquitoes. Just the thought of a bug stealing my blood, and potentially having the power to infect me with some disease makes me cringe. This morning a mosquito for the first time this year made its way into our home. It was a very big one, and buzzing too close to Nayeli. I was horrified. I did not want the blood sucker to land on Nayeli and remove her innocent blood. When I saw the ugly looking thing I immediately leaped out of the dining room chair to grab a paper towel. I successfully smushed it and was gloating in victory when Nayeil surprised me with her comment.
She said,"Don't squish mosquitoes because God loves them. God wants to keep them."
I was speechless. I just quietly walked to the bathroom and flushed the dead creature down the toilet.
5 comments:
I think you made the right choice! I don't know what value they add....... tsk tsk
It definitely wasn't me who taught her that...
me neither -
so nayeli said a sweet thing - but we all basically agree to disregard this particular one and continue to eliminate mosquitos - right?
Of course, mosquitoes are disgusting! I felt guilty for a second because what Nayeli said was so cute, but then I regained my senses and remembered how much I detest them!
Ahhh, so glad to hear that someone else experiences guilt about the bugs. I never used to think twice about squishing bugs or flushing them down the toilet, but over the last decade, I find I worry more and more about it. (I have absolutely NO idea why!) Now I catch them in glass cups (so I can see what I'm doing) and throw them outside . . . except for the little black bugs that get into my flour. I haven't quite learned to co-exist with them yet!
Post a Comment