Sunday, May 13, 2007

6th Anniversary

Friday was Nick and my 6th wedding anniversary. It was really nice to have the night out with just the two of us. In the past we usually took Karyna because I was still nursing. We went out to eat at Dublin Square, a new Irish restaurant in East Lansing. The food was great and it was a lively atmosphere. I definitely recommend it!

After dinner we went to Melting Moments for their famous ice cream cookie sandwiches. I can not hang out in East Lansing without eating one of those. They are awesome!!! I also feel somewhat attached to Melting Moments because I worked there for three years through high school and college. Part of my job was to make those tantalizing cookie sandwiches. If only I wrote down that recipe. They would make impressive desserts for a dinner party!

After Melting Moments we walked through the Michigan State Univeristy campus. It was nice to walk with just Nick and not the girls. Of course, I love walking around campus with them too, but it was fun to just be two alumni walking around campus reminiscing about the college years.

When we left MSU we headed to the movie theater to see the new Spider-Man 3 movie. I always love super hero movies so I looked forward to the third Spider-Man. It was not as good as the other two. The special effects and action scenes were great, but I was disappointed with some of the dialogue and lame acting. Although it did not meet my expectations I recommend seeing it. It was still fun and entertaining.

The movie ended about midnight. We went home after that and decided not to go to sleep yet. We watched an episode of Gilmore Girls, which is becoming a nightly ritual. Maybe I will blog on that later. Then our romantic evening was done.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Good times, good times. And stop blogging now, so that we can continue our Gilmore Girls ritual! LOL.

Welch Mom said...

Sounds like a good night. Robb and I went out the other night without Cole and it was so different to eat food that was hot and not yell at someone to sit down in the chair!

barb said...

happy 6th again - glad you both had fun. the girls had fun without you two also LOL

Rebecca said...

i'll have to try out that icecream place when we get back. hope you guys are enjoying this pretty time of the year for me.