The first thing she said when she woke up was, "Am I three yet?"
I tried to explain to her that she would not turn three until her actual birthday on Monday, April 30th, but she did not understand why she did not turn three on the day of her party.
We celebrated her birthday at Caesarland with lots of family and friends. Nayeli was very excited to have so many people there. The days leading up to her party she kept talking about everyone who would be there.
Nayeli picked a Disney Princess theme for her party. I made a Cinderella cake from a cake mold. It was a yellow cake that looked liked Cinderella-well the closest I could get to Cinderella with the materials I had to work with. I was very proud of my cake. It took two and a half hours to decorate. I mostly used a knife and a finger to spread the frosting. Notice I did not mention that I used my finger to spread the frosting when I was at the party. Do not worry, of course I washed my hands!
After Nayeli ate her pizza, which she did very well for being so excited, she used her tokens to play games and climbed in the enormous play land. At one point she began to get a little scared and almost burst into tears when she could not figure out how to climb out of the play land. Luckily her second cousin Jayla, who is six, came to the rescue and helped her find her way out. I thought she was done after that, but she told me that she wanted to go down the slide too, but could not find it. I asked Jayla to help Nayeli again by showing her how to get to the slide. Nayeli was happy once more and enjoyed sliding down the slide for several minutes.
After play time Nayeli blew out her candles and we ate the Cinderella cake and opened presents. She received many wonderful presents and could not wait to play with them. When we got home she wanted me to get all of her new toys out of the boxes and try on a few of the clothes.Ah, to be a kid again and look forward to turning older.
Here are a few more pictures from her party. It wouldn't be a party without pictures, right!





6 comments:
thanks for posting the pictures. it was a great party and it shows in the faces you posted.
It was a terrific party and I'm glad that Nayeli had such a good time! Nothing beats the awe and excitement of being Three!!!
Well, she's officially three today! And asleep. Now THAT is a party to me...
and i wanted to call her to wish her happy birthday.... i can't believe i didn't!
Looks like you had fun! So sad we weren't able to come.
Sorry we could not be there to celebrate had to paint the house before people came for the baby shower. More later on that story....
Doesn't the cake decorating take forever? Do not tell I used my fingers as well! Looks like a great cake and a great party.
Post a Comment