Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Elmo's Laundry

Nayeli said something today that I thought was hilarious. She was playing an Elmo game on the PBS kids website. The game entailed helping Elmo sort his laundry. I thought it was a perfect game for her because she loves to help Nick and I with the laundry. After she played for awhile I told her she needed to stop playing and shut down the browser. I thought that she had enough time on the computer for one day. Of course when I asked her to get off she did not. I usually have to ask her to do something a few times before I get a response. After a few attempts I saw that I was not getting anywhere. I decided I would have to give her an incentive. As odd as it sounds, I told her if she gets off the computer she could help me with the dishes. She usually begs me to do the dishes with her, so I thought this would get her off immediately. I was surprisingly wrong.

Instead she said, "No Elmo wants me to help him with the laundry. I can't do dishes with you."

I laughed out loud and then shut down the game.

3 comments:

Aunt Alice said...

Awwww - to enjoy the everyday tasks! That's just too funny.

barb said...

would it have been different had you suggested shopping?

Nick said...

She passed up dishes for laundry?? I'm shocked...

LOL