About a month ago Nayeli decided it would be funny to drop the TV remote in my glass of lemonade. If I was a kid I'd probably find it funny. As a very grow-up adult, (that's questionable) I was horrified! At the time I could not imagine Nayeli being any more destructive of our valuables. Yes, a remote is very valuable in my book. It is especially valuable after the kids bedtimes, when I am forced to adjust the volume levels when the commercials come on. If I don't actively engage myself in this delicate balancing act, one of my children is most likely to wake up and interrupt my valuable leisure time.
Yesterday Nayeli completely surprised me with her new level of mischievous destruction. She broke my computer monitor! She was entertaining herself by continuously pushing the on and off button. By the time I realized she had taken a break from her Sesame Street games to explore the properties of the power button, it was too late. It was already broken. I am pleased with myself for not being overcome with too much anger. Maybe I was prepped by the remote incident.
I should add there is a happy ending to the story. I mentioned the incident to my brother, and he hooked me up with an old monitor from his friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment