Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving and the Day After


What a fun day! We visited both sides of our family for Thanksgiving and ate two dinners! Now only if we had enough room for two desserts!

First we went to Nick's Aunt Pat's house and shared the holiday with her family, as well as with Nick's Grandma, parents, and two sisters and their families. We, meaning all the girls, continued the tradition of gathering together and pouring over the ads for the day after Thanksgiving sales. We made lists of all the items and stores we wanted to shop. It was great female bonding. Nick and the girls had fun too. Nick watched football with the guys. Nayeli, as always, had fun playing with Austin. The weather was beautiful for this time of year. It was sunny and in the 50's, so they played outside. Katie and I sat outside with Karyna and Reagen and enjoyed the warm sunshine too.

After visiting with Nick's family we went over to my parents house. Nayeli was thrilled to be able to see both Grandma's in one day! I hadn't planned on eating again, but the food looked too good to pass up. My Mom made her traditional green bean casserole. It's my favorite dish at Thanksgiving. It doesn't feel like thanksgiving without it! Again I poured over ads with my Mom. I think she was overwhelmed at all the ads and sales! She agreed to get up with me at 4:30 in the morning and brave the crowds. What a trooper!

I think for my Mom shopping the day after Thanksgiving was an experience to remember. It was so chaotic, but so much fun! We saw Molly and Barb the first place we shopped, and kept our cell phones close so we could call them if we spotted any good deals.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I'm sad it's over. What more could you ask for, amazing food, family and shopping, exactly in that order! Just kidding, of course family comes first, but I do really look forward to all the delicious food people bring!

No comments: