Friday, February 2, 2007

Two Year Old Nicknames

I thought I'd share some nicknames Nayeli uses or has used for Karyna. They are awfully cute. Currently she calls her Coo Coo. It's short for "nutsy coo coo". A phrase one of her Grandpas says to Nayeli. He would jokingly ask her, "Are you nutsy coo coo?" It's so cute that somehow Karyna's nickname Coo Coo evolved from that.

When Karyna was a couple months old Nayeli used to call her bee-bow. I thought the nickname was a word Nayeli made up until today. I discovered my two year old got her inspiration from Sesame Street. It is very logical and makes perfect sense. Sesame street is one of her favorite daily shows! For those Sesame Street enthusiasts you will probably really appreciate my explanation. Curly Bear calls Baby Bear bee-bow because she can not say Baby Bear. When I heard Curly's nickname for her older brother, and made the connection, I let out a huge smile. It is so fun that the littlest things children do are so amusing!

No comments: