Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Type Numbers and Letters


I'm taking advantage of the time that both girls are asleep to write a few blog entries. This is very unusual. Nayeli pretty much stopped taking naps. If she does take a nap Karyna is up and wants to be fed!

Nayeli continues to amaze me each day with something new. She asks me to "type numbers and letters". This is one of her favorite activities. I was hesitant at first to introduce her to the computer because I figured what's the rush. She has her whole life to play on computers. Plus, I knew once she started she'd always want to get on. Now that I have let her type on my computer I'm glad I did because she has so much fun. I open up Notepad for her and she asks me how to spell a word. Then she types it. I didn't think that the spelling of any of the words were sticking with her until the other day. She said she was going to type Grandma. I figured she would just type a bunch of random letters like she usually does and say "that spells Grandma". That day was different. She said she was going to type Grandma and actually did it! I was so excited. I couldn't believe she remembered. Now I'm excited to see what other words she can type.

No comments: