Sunday, April 30, 2006

Elmo Birthday Party


We celebrated Nayeli's birthday yesterday! It was a lot of fun. Nick and I had been prepping her for it for weeks. We would tell her she has 1 month until her Elmo birthday party, then 3 weeks ect., so she had been talking about it and anticipating it for weeks.

The party went really well, although getting ready for it was pretty hectic. I'm telling you this next thing hopefully to give you a good laugh. Her party started at noon. We had it over at Nick's parents. We didn't end up getting there until 5 minutes before it started. Many of the guests were already there! It was a little embarrassing, but I spent the whole morning making food and Nayeli's cake. Even though she was almost late for her own party, it was worth it to make the Elmo cake! I definitely recommended buying the mold and making it as opposed to buying one premade at the store. It's so much cheaper, and, I'll have to admit it was fun!

Nayeli had so much fun seeing family members and friends. You can just tell how much she loves everyone. It was cute watching her open the presents. I would tell her who they were from, and, then she would give them a piece of tissue paper or wrapping paper from their present. I guess it was her way of acknowledging them and saying thank you for the present.

This last year has been so eventful for Nayeli. It's amazing to see how fast she grows and the things she learns in such a short period of time. It's still crazy sometimes to hear her say a full sentence. It's almost bittersweet. I'm so excited to see her progress and grow, but sad at the same time because she is growing up and getting so independent!

No comments: