Sunday, March 26, 2006

Family Brings Us Happiness

As each day goes by I think more and more about how grateful I am for my family. I have an awesome husband who is so sweet and a great example of charity. Also I love his quest and strong desire for learning. It keeps me on my toes as I'm constantly learning new things from him, whether it's about a new Russian author he read, or about the latest technology. And of course Nayeli is so much fun to be around, and one can't help but be uplifted in her presence because she's so happy and enthusiastic about life!

In church today during our fast and testimony meeting many people got up and shared their feelings on family and what a wonderful blessing they are. I shared that I've been happier since I married Nick, and that my happiness continues to grow as our family gets bigger. It just reaffirms the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ because one of the central parts of his plan is the family. He wants us to be happy and as we are obedient to his commandments we are happy. That's so true as I've seen it in my own life. As I continue to focus my prioritizes on my family, I have found so much happiness. Our prophet President Hinckley said, "What is the great strength of this church?...It is the emphasis which we place on families." And with that thought I end this entry.

No comments: