Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nayeli's Theatre Debut

Nayeli was in her first play last week. She played the lead role of Nicki in "The Mitten", by Jan Brett. I was surprised when I found out she was playing Nicki, but it made sense because she is such a ham at home. She loves singing and dancing and putting on shows for us, especially when I get out the movie camera.

She did a great job in the play! She only had a few lines, but she acted out a lot of the actions of the book. After the play her whole preschool class performed a few songs they had been practicing. All the kids were so cute! I can't wait to watch her in more plays when she enters elementary school.

Now she is very into plays and decided she wants to make a Sleeping Beauty Play. She assigned her friends and family to all the parts in the story. She even made up invitations and a playbill! She said we have to wait and do the play after her brother is born. She said I could be the Queen, and, I have to be able to pick her up when she is playing the part of Aurora as a baby.

3 comments:

The Hargrove's Four said...

Good job, Nayeli! Maybe she will be a future Broadway star?!?

barb said...

at the very least :)

Kev and Chels said...

ha ha ha. that is too funny about you being the queen and having to pick her up. originally i thought she meant mellificent and that was even funnier but i guess it's good she didn't want you to be her:) good luck with your role. after baby is born anyway:)