Now that July is almost over I'm finally getting around to posting about the 4th of July. We had so much fun this year celebrating our nation's independence! It was definitely one of the best 4th of July celebrations I've ever had!
We prepared for the 4th of July the day before by making a fun craft with the kids at my friend Brittany's house. It was such a cute idea. We made red, white, and blue wands with stars and stripes for the kids to wave at the 4th of July parade. Thanks Brittany for getting us in the 4th of July spirit!
On the day of the 4th of July we took the metro downtown with some friends to watch the big parade. It was so exciting! I even enjoyed the adventure of riding on the metro. Karyna thought we were riding on a train and kept making train noises. It was very cute. The parade was bigger and better than I expected. It was probably the biggest parade I've ever seen up close. There were so many fun floats, giant balloons and performers. I asked Nayeli what her favorite part of the parade was and she said getting candy and seeing Mickey Mouse. I think I would have probably answered the same thing when I was her age.In the evening we went over to our friend's house for a big backyard barbecue. It was fun watching the kids play and enjoying all the yummy food. There were even three red white and blue desserts. Don't you just love summer!
3 comments:
it really does sound like a fun day. good memories.
Sounds like it was fun! Miss you guys!
Can't believe how big the girls are! They are growing up without me!
Post a Comment