Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Nayeli

We celebrated Nayeli's birthday two weekends ago. I can't believe it's taken me so long to post about it! We had a great time. We were surrounded by lots of friends and family. The theme of Nayeli's birthday was a Dora pirate party. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to make any pirate games or treasure hunts, but I did manage to tape up a pirate map on our wall. Nick just laughed at me because he thought it was pointless, but I wanted to have some item that was related to pirates. Well, I did put up pictures of birds too, does that count?

The cake was kind of a rush job too. Sorry Nayeli, although I don't think she even noticed. I made her a Dora cake from a Dora shaped cake mold. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to decorate it, but at least you could still tell it was Dora.

Nayeli had way too much fun opening her presents. There was wrapping paper, gift bags and tissue paper flying everywhere. As soon as she opened one present she tossed it aside to open the next. She could have won a prize for the fastest gift opener!

Thanks to everyone who came to the party and to those far away, who also gave her gifts and thought of her on her birthday!

4 comments:

The Stump Clan said...

Looks like it was fun! Wish we could have been there!! see you soon.

barb said...

i wish i could have been there also

KevandChels said...

hey Allison,
I didn't realize you had a blog (this is chelsey btw) If you want to check ours out it is kevandchels.blogspot.com. I hope Nick's dad is okay. I heard about his surgery from the Owens. Hope your trip to MI is also going well. Your family is so cute!

Welch Mom said...

Happy B-day Nayeli!
We loved seeing you yesterday