The past few weeks have been so fun, but really busy! They started off with Nick's parents visiting us in mid March. We absolutely loved seeing them! I especially had fun watching how much the girls enjoyed playing with them!

The day after they left was Saint Patrick's Day. I served the kids green macaroni and cheese for lunch and we invited some friends over for a special Irish dinner. We ate shepherd's pie and Irish soda bread. It was the first time I made Irish soda bread. It turned out to be very tasty. I've made it a few times since then because I like it so much! It reminds me a little of kaffeekuchen, a German bread my Aunt makes that is amazing! The Irish soda bread is not quite as good as the kaffeekuchen but, it is still good and much faster to make!
After Saint Patrick's Day I had to quickly read a book for book club. Since I started the club I really felt I should read the book, even though I had such a busy week! I'm so glad I did finish it because it is an amazing book! It's called
In Defense of Food. I highly recommend it to anyone that is remotely concerned about what food you put in to your body.

After I had book club out of the way, I had to focus on the baby shower I was throwing for my friend Emily on Saturday. The biggest task was cleaning my house. It had been sorely neglected over the week!
The following day was Easter. I spent the night before trying to plan the day. I wanted to find activities that would be fun for the kids and focused on the Savior. As part of my preparation I spent over an hour reading in the New testament about the last weekend of the Savior's life. It was an amazing spiritual experience and really helped me to stay Christ centered on Easter.

We woke up early Easter morning so we could give the girls their Easter baskets before we went to church. We went to a special Stake Conference. The theme was the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was a wonderful way to start the day thinking about the Savior. When I got home I began the long task of making dinner. I cooked a ham, and, I made sweet potato casserole, green jello salad, green bean casserole and Irish Soda bread. I was pleased with the way the dinner turned out. I was very nervous preparing everything because it was my first time hosting Easter and making all the food. We were grateful my Dad was able to join us for dinner. I know the girls really enjoyed playing with him!
After dinner we had an Easter devotional. We read an Easter poem, Easter story written for kids, and a chapter out of the new testament in the bible about Christ's resurrection.
The next week wasn't packed with as many special activities, but I was busy none the less with babysitting, play dates, doctor appointments, emptying our bedrooms to get new carpet, and visiting with friends and family. I'm so glad that we have been blessed to be surrounded with so many wonderful people at our new home.
5 comments:
Hi Allison. Looks like you are having lots of fun! Could you post or send your recipe for your Irish Soda Bread? I've never tried to make it, but you've intrigued me.
Now that you say all those things together, you really have had a busy couple of weeks. I think that it is awesome that you are always making fun meals for your family. That Mac and Cheese looks funky though. :-)
I'm curious, did the mac and cheese make their mouths green?
I would love to see your recipe for irish soda bread too. - and DID their mouths turn green?
looks like fun. and i always love seeing pics of your fam. can't believe it's almost been 2 years since i've seen you!
Post a Comment