Almost immediately after she could feel the little round piece of cereal in her fingers she dropped it on the high chair. At first I thought she must not be hungry, but I was soon proven wrong. Seconds later she picked it up and put it in her mouth! I guess all she wanted was to exert a little bit of independence. Later in the morning she did almost the same thing, except with a little people toy. She dropped a Little People baby on the floor that she was chewing on. I picked it up and gave it back to her, only to have her immediately drop it on the floor; then, pick it up and put it in her mouth again. As I thought about what just happened, immediate flashbacks of Nayeli exerting her independence flashed through my mind. Before I was able to let too many unpositive thoughts enter my mind, I decided this new phase in Karyna's life will not be so bad. I think I have a lot more patience to deal with the upcoming demonstrations of independence.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
New Signs of Independence
Karyna is now demonstrating the first signs of independence. Oh no, already! This morning I picked up a Cheerio off her high chair and put it in her fingers so she could eat it.
Almost immediately after she could feel the little round piece of cereal in her fingers she dropped it on the high chair. At first I thought she must not be hungry, but I was soon proven wrong. Seconds later she picked it up and put it in her mouth! I guess all she wanted was to exert a little bit of independence. Later in the morning she did almost the same thing, except with a little people toy. She dropped a Little People baby on the floor that she was chewing on. I picked it up and gave it back to her, only to have her immediately drop it on the floor; then, pick it up and put it in her mouth again. As I thought about what just happened, immediate flashbacks of Nayeli exerting her independence flashed through my mind. Before I was able to let too many unpositive thoughts enter my mind, I decided this new phase in Karyna's life will not be so bad. I think I have a lot more patience to deal with the upcoming demonstrations of independence.
Almost immediately after she could feel the little round piece of cereal in her fingers she dropped it on the high chair. At first I thought she must not be hungry, but I was soon proven wrong. Seconds later she picked it up and put it in her mouth! I guess all she wanted was to exert a little bit of independence. Later in the morning she did almost the same thing, except with a little people toy. She dropped a Little People baby on the floor that she was chewing on. I picked it up and gave it back to her, only to have her immediately drop it on the floor; then, pick it up and put it in her mouth again. As I thought about what just happened, immediate flashbacks of Nayeli exerting her independence flashed through my mind. Before I was able to let too many unpositive thoughts enter my mind, I decided this new phase in Karyna's life will not be so bad. I think I have a lot more patience to deal with the upcoming demonstrations of independence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i don't know - Karyna may even have more determination to be independent than Nayeli. Only time will tell, but she is certainly her own person already - and in the best possible way.
Post a Comment