Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow what a great Memorial Day weekend! We had so much fun and were fortunate to be able to spend so much time with family and friends.

The weekend started off on Saturday with a visit from our good friends living in Ohio. We had not seen them in two years, so as you can imagine I was ecstatic that we were able to hang out. They have two little boys, Stephen is almost four and Braden is almost two. We originally wanted to grill out at a park, but the weather was not very cooperative, so we decided to take the kids to Caesarland. It was great. It gave the kids a chance to play and time for me to catch up with Jill. After Caesarland we walked around campus and visited the children's gardens. Stephen and Nayeli were great friends by then and had fun chasing each other and being silly on our walk.

Sunday was a beautiful day. The weather was gorgeous. My mom and step dad came over after church, and we ate a picnic style lunch. Then we went to Hawk Island Park so the kids could play, and I could check out the new water park. It looked fun, so I will pack towels and the girls bathing suits next time we go. We also met up with Nick's family at the park to see his Grandma, who was visiting from out of state. The kids had fun playing, and Nick and I enjoyed walking on a long scenic trail along the park.

The weather continued to be nice on Memorial Day. To celebrate the holiday we went to Nick's Aunt and Uncle's house. We enjoyed lots of fun games, good food, and watching the kids slide down a wet slide into a mini inflatable swimming pool. I think every time we go over to Nick's Aunt and Uncle's house Nayeli will ask about the pool. Here are some more pics from our get together.

I love the summer time. There's nothing better than lounging outside in warm sunny weather with good company.

1 comment:

barb said...

Thanks for posting the pictures and the great descriptions of good times.