Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I didn't think I'd make it to Easter without giving birth. It wasn't until Thursday that I decided it was probably safe to plan something for Easter. As much as I really wanted to go into labor before Easter, I'm glad I didn't. It was worth seeing how much fun the girls had.

On Thursday I picked up a ham at the grocery store. I've only cooked a few hams in my life, but I though why not. It's an Easter tradition. I may not be able to stand long enough to prepare a fancy Easter dinner, but I could at least bake a ham. I picked easy side dishes to prepare including frozen spring vegetables, instant mash potatoes and Pillsbury Grands.

On Friday I colored Easter eggs with the girls. I had an Easter egg coloring kit leftover from last year. Nayeli and Karyna had a lot of fun watching the eggs turn colors and decorating them with princess stickers.

On Saturday Nayeli made homemade Easter presents for Nick and I. She also made one for my Dad becasue he was going to celebrate Easter with us. Nayeli is so sweet. I don't think I ever thought about making Easter presents for people at that age. I just couldn't wait to see what the Easter bunny would bring me.

On Easter Sunday the girls woke up at 6:30am. They were so excited to see what was in their Easter baskets, and, Nayeli couldn't wait for Nick and I to open our presents. She drew us cute pictures. Mid-morning we went to church for stake conference. Then we came home and I prepared for my Dad to come over, while Nick graded student papers. We had so much fun with my Dad. He and Nick helped the girls work on a few puzzles while I prepared dinner. At dinner I read an Easter message from the first presidency of the LDS church. After dinner Nick hid plastic eggs for the girls to find. It was fun watching them try to find all the eggs. Then the girls watched an animated film about the Savior and his resurrection while we all ate dessert.

Now that Easter is over I am completely ready to go into Labor. I have been getting contractions all week. The most intense contractions came today while I was making the girls lunch. I thought I was really going into labor, but then they just stopped. Ahh, I was so frustrated. I don't like that my body is teasing me. Hopefully my next post will be about the arrival of our new baby boy.

6 comments:

Kev and Chels said...

AHHHH! Good luck with everything and let us know how we can help!

The Stump Clan said...

I hope so too! Austin is ready for that little boy to join him in the ranks against all the girls! Hope it is an easy and enjoyable delivery!! love you guys!

barb said...

your Easter sounded great. Glad you had a good day. Although I hope you go into labor soon TOO, if you wait until after Wednesday, that would be fine too :)

sarah said...

Sounds like it was a nice Easter. Hope your little guy comes soon!

Sarah said...

Happy Easter! I can't wait to read your next post! Hey, can we come visit you next month? We will be driving through St. Louis Memorial Day week-end.

BUD's World (Halsey's) said...

Allison, I'm glad to hear about Easter, but more excited to see the girls. Soon we will have to refer to them as the kids!!I'm glad you waited through Wednesday so I could get yet 1 more test done. I may be nutsy-coo coo, but my grandkids love me. Thats enough for me! See you soon Love Dad/ Grampa