Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Friendly Weekend

Last weekend our good friends from Michigan visited. It was so fun to have them come see our new home. We took them to the children's museum Friday night. They loved it. Dave said if he lived here he would go to the museum everyday. It is a pretty cool place. It was voted one of the top ten children's attractions in the country!

On Saturday, I tried out a few new recipes for breakfast. That's what friends are for! I made a coffee cake and brunch pizza. They both turned out great. Now I know the coffee cake will be safe to make for a baby shower brunch I'm hosting this weekend. In the afternoon we went to a contemporary art museum for a free family day. The kids decorated scrolls and construction hats. We never made it out of the craft section to see the museum. Although, Dave and Nick did get slapped for a You Tube video. I'm sure Nick will post it sometime in the future.

Sunday was great too. Nayeli convinced Wyck to play dress-up. I might have had something to do with that too! I couldn't resist seeing him in necklaces, princess shoes, and carrying a purse! That night our guests treated us to a delicious steak dinner as a thank you for hosting them and cooking dinner. Although I tried many times to convince them to relax one more night while I cooked, I have to admit I'm glad they won because the dinner was amazing!

Ah, that's what friends are for. We love you guys!

1 comment:

barb said...

looks like fun - at everything - the museum, playing dress-up, all of it. share your recipes by the way. and tell nick to post the video