We participated in Be a Tourist In Your Own Town on Saturday. It was the second year that we went. It was a lot of fun, but I missed the company of our friends the Halls. They went with us last year. It is a fun event. I highly recommend going. One dollar gets you into many of the main attractions in the city for free! We decided to visit only two venues this year, the science center and zoo.
We mostly stayed at the science center. The girls loved it and there were lots of activities outside for kids. You could get your face painted, or stand in line to have a clown make you a balloon animal. Nayeli desperately wanted a balloon, but was terrified of the clowns. After much coaxing she finally decided it was worth getting close to a clown to get her animal. She was pleasantly surprised when the clown started talking to her. She said with a big smile on her face, "Clowns talk." After that she decided he wasn't so scary anymore.
Before we left the science center we watched local dancers perform outside on a stage. Nayeli surprisingly wasn't bored and actually really enjoyed watching them. When we told her she could only watch one more dance she said, "No daddy I want to watch all of the dances." Maybe she is closer to being ready for dance lessons than we thought.
After the science center we headed for the zoo. We were only able to see a few exhibits before it started to downpour. We quickly sought refuge in a gazebo hoping to wait for the rain to pass. Unfortunately, it did not pass quick enough so we headed home.
Here are a few pics from the event.







6 comments:
I love the Science Center and so does Cole. What a great place!
You forgot to mention that Daddy was as interested in watching the dances as Nayeli! And we made a little pact there. Nayeli said she would do dance lessons only if she could dance with her daddy. I'll bet that thought lasts a long time....
;)
i love the science center too - maybe next year you will visit on tourist day and you can go again - as real tourists this time.
Sounds like fun! I'll have to check those places when we get back. Your girls are getting so big! Thanks for sharing.
I missed it again. Oh well. It looks like you guys had a great time! We miss you!
Love the pix of Nayeli and Daddy. Can't believe I missed the Be a Tourist in Your Own Town day. Kristen M. told me about it, but I forgot to watch for info. about it.
I'd love to go w/ you next year!
Post a Comment