Sunday, May 20, 2007

Thirty and Thrilling

The phrase, "She doesn't look a day over thirty" can apply to me now. I turned thirty over the weekend. For the past year I have thought a lot about turning thirty. I mostly looked forward to it. I think after I saw the movie Thirteen Going on Thirty I thought turning thirty would not be so bad. I learned the thirties are the new twenties. Plus I always envisioned myself being more sophisticated and mature in my thirties.

I had a lot of fun celebrating my thirtieth birthday. The festivities started the evening before my birthday. Nick brought home Bottom Brownie Pies from Bennigan's and we ate them while watching episodes of Gilmore Girls. We watched TV until just after midnight, so I could open my present on my official birthday. Nayeli could not be sweeter. She wanted to give me a birthday present so she wrapped up some of her toys in tissue paper and put them in a gift bag for me. It was the sweetest thing and brought tears to my eyes. That night Nick's parents came over so they could celebrate my birthday on the actual day. The day immediately following was the day of my big party. It was really nice to celebrate being thirty with so many family members and friends.

Here are some pictures of my birthday party. Thank you so much to all those who came!

1 comment:

barb said...

a nice milestone in your life.