Thursday, May 17, 2007

Potty Training Success

You don't need to rub your eyes and look at the post title again. Nayeli is potty trained! She does not even pee at night when she is sleeping! I started to get serious about potty training her two weeks ago. We had a few accidents the first week, but she did not have any accidents the second week! I think she is the most excited about going number two on the potty. Maybe because the first couple of times she pooped I screamed and shouted with excitement and did a poopy dance. She also has fun discovering the new potties around town. Whenever we go anywhere I try to get her really excited about trying out a new store's potty.

It is so cute when she uses their potty she says, "(insert store name) will be so happy I used their potty!"

Yesterday we went to Toy's 'R' Us so she could pick out a new movie. That was her reward for filling up her potty chart with stickers. She got one sticker every time she went pee, and five every time she went poop. Thanks Katie for giving me the idea to reward her with more than one sticker for pooping! I think that helped motivate her to poop on the potty.

The only challenge I am still having is getting her to go potty when she first feels the urge. Often she holds it forever because she does not want to stop what she is doing. I have to admit I know how she feels. Who really likes to take time out of their day to go to the bathroom!

I am sure she still might have accidents down the road, but I am so proud of her for going on the potty all by herself. I am also so relieved to finally have potty training over!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job! It's having your child potty trained the best?! Gotta love those sticker charts. They work for almost anything.

barb said...

i knew she would catch on quickly