
I did not take the girls out in the snow to play this year. Does that make me a bad mom? I am beginning to feel guilty after seeing the snowmen in the front yards of my friends homes, and episodes of Calliou, Nayeli's favorite four year old, playing out in the snow with his family. I had so much fun playing in the snow as a young girl. Although, I would get frustrated when my snowman did not turn out perfect. I wanted the snow balls to be perfectly round and in proportion. The snow does not have the same appeal to a grown adult as through the eyes of a child. This picture is the closest I have to Karyna playing in her first snow. She was probably a lot happier posing for this picture than she would be in Mommy's arms outside in the bitter cold. I speak from experience because I tortured Nayeli when she was Karyna's age and made her pose in the snow.
7 comments:
i bet you will play outside in the snow more when you have an actual yard. next winter i expect photos on your blog of snowmen building and maybe even sliding on ice
Yeah... shucks. I'm SO disappointed that we didn't go outside more in this frigid Michigan weather.
;-)
dork nick
Allison,
Do not feel bad. I only went out once and that is the one you see on the blog. I felt guilty because I had this cute snowman kit and I was getting stir crazy!
Horrible mother! (insert sarcasm here) I am sure when they want to play in the snow you will be more than willing to take them outside and show them a good time!
Going out in the snow is overrated here in Michigan. There were very few snow days that weren't too cold. Read my post "The sun came out..." and you'll know what I am talking about:)
-Rebecca
She's outside - and there is snow! What more do you need? I think it counts!!!! Another great mom!!!!
Post a Comment