Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Cup Success

March has proven to be an important month for the girls. They both reached milestones with cups! Today Karyna drank out of a sippy cup for the first time! I was so excited!!! It was only the second time I introduced her to the sippy cup. She drank about an ounce of apple juice. I had to hold it for her because she hasn't figured out that you have to tilt the sippy cup to get anything out of it. I hope she keeps up the good work. Maybe I can even get her to drink some formula from a sippy cup. Then she can have her first sleepover with Grandma! I'm sure I won't get any complaints about that one.

Nayeli also reached a milestone. She no longer uses a sippy cup and drinks from a "big girl cup". I am very excited about that too! On March 1st, I decided I would give her a regular cup and ditch the sippy cup. I was determined not to turn back no matter what the cost. I think that was the key to success. When I attempted to let her use a cup once in the past, she decided it would be funny to shake her drink all over the floor. At that moment, I decided to forgo trying to teach her to use a regular cup. I did not want to turn my carpet into a liquid centrifuge.

This time was different. Nayeli was more interested and excited to use a "big girl cup", and I was determined to succeed no matter how many spills! She did very good and only spilled twice. She accidentally bumped her cup numerous times in the last week, but at least she's not spilling all over herself when she drinks. I am very proud of both girls most recent accomplishments!

No comments: